- The capital of the group that owns the MHQ must be equal to or greater than US $ 200 million, or the requesting company must provide services to at least seven (7) subsidiaries, subsidiaries or associated companies.
- The assets of the group that owns the MHQ must be equal to or greater than US $ 200 million, or that the Business Group, its subsidiaries, subsidiaries or associated companies have a presence in more than 40 countries, operating under the same brand or commercial name.
- Maintain a minimum of full-time employees and annual operating expenses appropriate to the nature of the business.
- All applications to avail of the MHQ Law are made to the MHQ License Commission. The requirements for the granting of licenses are specified in Legal resolution No. 19 2017 and Law 57 of 2018.
- In the event that the services to be provided are in financial assistance to entities that carry out the banking, insurance, reinsurance and / or securities business in Panama or abroad, the company must previously notify the corresponding regulatory entity (Superintendence of Banks, Superintendence of Insurance, etc.).
- Projection and description of annual operating expenses.