Enrique A. Jiménez International Airport
Enrique Jimenez International Airport: In its beginnings, this complex was used by the United States Air Forces as a military base until in 1979 it was handed over to the Government of Panama, becoming a civil airport and renamed Enrique Adolfo Jiménez, honoring a President of Panama between 1945 and 1948.
In August 2013, it was inaugurated after a remodeling process where it expanded its capacity to handle more than 1000 passengers. Additionally, it was equipped with a new control tower and a runway that allows the arrival of Boeing 757-200 aircraft with capacity of up to 228 passengers in charter flights.
Enrique Jimenez International Airport is located in the province of Colon.
Length: 6,000 pies
Width: 150 pies