Enrique A. Jiménez International Airport
Enrique Jimenez International Airport: In its beginnings, this complex was used by the United States Air Forces as a military base until in 1979 it was handed over to the Government of Panama, becoming a civil airport and renamed Enrique Adolfo Jiménez, honoring a President of Panama between 1945 and 1948.
In August 2013, it was inaugurated after a remodeling process where it expanded its capacity to handle more than 1000 passengers. Additionally, it was equipped with a new control tower and a runway that allows the arrival of Boeing 757-200 aircraft with capacity of up to 228 passengers in charter flights.
This airport complies with the requirements of the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) and, the local airline TAECA operates at the airport providing air cargo transportation service between Panama and different destinations.
Since 2014, Tocumen S.A. is responsible for the Enrique Jimenez International Airport.
Enrique Jimenez International Airport is located in the province of Colon.
Length: 6,000 ft
Width: 150 ft